Sunday, February 10, 2008

Part A and B ( Nicholas )

Christmas day

Part A of assignment
On Christmas's Eve,my family and i usually have a Christmas party at my house as it is also during the December holidays.I am not a Christian so the party is just for fun where we get together with our friends and relatives and sit down to have a DELICIOUS dinner cooked by my mom.This feast for both the eyes and the mouth usually consists of smoked ham(yummy), roasted turkey(yummier) and the best of all, the braised abalone(yummier-er)and some other dishes.Haha, and we usually wash it down with wine!
Then we watch some movies on the television, resting after all that "gorging" of food.Sometimes, my cousins and I will get bored, so we will go into my room to watch sponge bob, play the xbox or computer.
At around 9 pm, the best time of all starts.Presents will be given out to all the children in my family including, yours truly,my sister and my cousins.Every ones' presents will have a budget of 20 dollars and it is up to my sister and I to figure out what to buy for them and ourselves.I know its a little unfair as sometimes,my sister and I get better presents as we can ask our parents for it and usually that happens to my sister,A LOT.She practically wants everything expensive like laptops(she's asking for one now),portable gaming devices(she got one but lost it after 2 weeks and wants another one) and mp3 players(she got a 1 gigabyte player but only has 11 songs in it).
OK,so enough of the gossiping,back to the subject.Overall,we have a fun time bonding with our relatives, spending time with them and getting presents and after they leave,I will pull a long face as we will have to clean up the house and my sister will always get to sleep, leaving me with twice the amount of work to do, I'm cranky as I'm tired or that I have drunk a cup too much but i have no choice.
After the cleaning, I will be bushed.i will then take a bath and go to dreamland.This is how I celebrate my Christmas.

COMPARISON BETWEEN JESS(Christmas) and I(Christmas)

Similarities

  1. Both Jess and I had dinner with our families.
  2. Both Jess's and my parents spent more than they should have for our presents.
  3. Both of us received presents .
  4. Both our moms cooked dinner.
  5. Both of us had to do chores.

Differences

  1. Jess used his money to buy a present for his sister while I didn't.
  2. Jess bought a present for his friend while I didn't even buy anything for anyone.
  3. Jess received 2 presents while I only received 1.
  4. Jess had only a budget of 1 dollar while I had 20 dollars
  5. I get to drink wine while Jess doesn't.

It looks like there is an equal number of similarities and differences between Jess and I



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be quite a headache to buy presents for so many on a budget of $20.00 but the challenge must be quite exciting :) Good work Nicholas. I think you make a good leader for sure.
3a) 16/20
3b) 12