Thursday, March 20, 2008

lit holiday homework(nicholas)

  1. Why did Leslie die off-stage?

I think Leslie died off-stage because if they show leslie burke dying,the movie will not be for children anymore as that kind of scene involves a lot of blood and it will be gory .That is my opinion of why leslie died off stage.

2. Who do you think is the "dark lord" in leslie's,jesse's and your life?

I think the "dark lord" in leslie's life should be god damning her to hell when she dies because she doesn't believe in the bible.

For Jesse, I think the "dark lord" in his life is either Janice Avery or his father finding out that he draws.

And for me,I think the "dark lord" in my life is my sister as only god knows what kind of sick and sadistic pranks she is going to play on me next.

3. Which version of the story do you like better.Why?

I like the movie better as the book felt choppy and rushed while the movie flowed better.The movie also depicted Terabithia with greater clarity than the book which seemingly overlooked Terabithia.Terabithia was spectacular in the movie and the transformation of it from a wooded area to an enchanted kindom was just great! It was a kid's movie and because of that, there were "mini storylines" about bullies, growing up, making friends, not being afraid, your parents not being horrible and just being yourself.The movie is DEFINITELY better than the book.

0 comments: