Chinese New Year
Part A of Lit AssignmentDuring the chinese new year celebration, I went to visit my relativies. On the first day, I went to my grandmother's shophouse by my dad's car. I have two grandmothers, one staying with me and one in the shophouse in clementi.Some of my relatives were there. When i first entered the house, i went around to shake hands with my relatives and to say happy new year to them. Those who are married would give me red packets.There, i watched television and played some board games with my relatives. We were all very happy. We were always smiling,even if we lose the game. I got to eat sharkfin with my relatives too. We cherish the opportunity to eat it as it is expensive stuff. Later in the afternoon, i went to one of my uncle's house.There, i also watched television. Some of my relatives would play mahjong in a room. I played card games, but did not gamble with my relatives. When i went home, there were some relativies in my house. We had steamboat that night. The steamboat was filled with mouth-watering foods. They were delicious.
On the second day of chinese new year, I went to one of my auntie's house.There, I watched television(again). The most fun thing that i did there was playing the wii. It was my first time playing it, and i played a boxing game. It was very tiring to play that but it was worth it as it was so fun. My cousins and i were sweating after playing the game. At night, we had steamboat. We ate our food happily. The best food in the steamboat was the abalone. Overall, i collected about $700 from the red packets.
I feel that chinese new year is a very good festival to get together with our relatives and family as we get to do things together. We will normally not be angry with each other during chinese new year as it is not good to be upset. Our parents would not scold us too, because it is believed that if a child cries during chinese new year, he will cry for the rest of the year. When playing the wii with my cousins, we had to use the wii and act like we were boxing. I looks easy but when you really do it, you will realise that it is not easy at all and very tiring. As only two players will be allowed for each match, your other relatives will cheer for you. It's a very good feeling and form of encouragement. I love chinese new year!
What are the comparison and contrast of my experiences with Jess's experiences during the celebration of our different festivals?
Part B of Lit Assignment
The similarties and differences when Jess celebrated Easter and I celebrated Chinese New Year are shown below.
Similarities:
1) Jess bonded with his family during Easter and so did I during Chinese New Year with my family.
2) We are both happy celebrating the festival.
3) Our transport are our father vehicles.
Differences:
1) I got new clothes during Chinese New Year but Jess did not.
2) Jess gets to bring his friend to celebrate with him but i was unable to do so.
3)I got money during Chinese New Year but Jess did not
4) Jess sang songs with his family while I did not.
5) I got to eat lots of goodies and food during Chinese New Year but Jess was not so fortunate to do so.
6) I went to my relatives house and relatives came to my house while Jess did not even get to see his relatives.
7) I get to play Hi-Tech games like Wii while Jess was unable to do so.
8) I need to say Happy New Year to people while Jess did not need to say Happy Easter.
It looks like there are more differences than similarities while celebrating the festivals.

1 comments:
This game of wii sounds interesting and I'm sure its a great fav at family gatherings. Gd work Chuan Mao. I hope you work hard for your group.
3a) 14/20
3b) 12/20
Post a Comment